About SGRRMC

The SGRRIM&HS was established in the year 2000 to provide medical help on nominal cost to the common masses. Initially 300 bedded charitable hospital was made for the public and then it was extended in to 1000 bedded teaching hospital. In the year 2006-07 SGRRIM&HS started MBBS after the recommendation by the medical Council of India.

Shri Guru Ram Rai Institute of Medical & Health Sciences, Dehradun was propelled to success by the present Sajjada Nashin Sri Mahant Devendra Das Ji, the successor of the highest seat of Udaseen Sect. He dedicated this institution to the name of Sri Guru Ram Rai ji Maharaj, the eldest son of the seventh Guru of the Sikhs- Sri Har Raiji. Shri Guru Ram Rai Ji established his DERA in Doon valley which later became popular as DEHRA and thus Dehradun owes its name and history to the emergence of Sri Guru Ram Raiji's "Dera" in 1676 in area now called Dehradun.


SGRRIM&HS is stretched over a gigantic 30 acres of land. The institute have 150 seats in MBBS and 82 seats in Postgraguate(MD/MS). A team of dedicated and learned faculty makes this institution a centre of excellence for medical education. Lecture theatres, laboratories, museums and dissection hall are all fitted with the utmost modern equipments to facilitate learning in students, so as to enable these apprentice doctors to deal efficiently with delicate human machinery in future. All departments comprise of computer facilities including a campus wide LAN internet system. Students have been provided with very comfortable hostel and mess facilities. They are always encouraged to avail facilities of the central library, sports and to participate in extracurricular activities of the college. Students along with faculties are also, taken to visit remote villages to impart community health services, regularly. Spacious and well ventilated residences of the faculties within the beautiful surrounding of the college campus make a contented stay.